Ten reasons parents may need to spike their eggnog. Right now.

17 Dec

Screen Shot 2013-12-17 at 7.58.04 AM

1. Advent calendars. The kids opened and ate all 25 days in one sitting and are now higher than that time you experimented in college.
  2. Scheduling.  AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (sobs as iPhone call display shows 48 missed calls from the In Laws.)
  3. Gifts. Too many have been purchased that involve assembly, batteries or a computer science degree.
  4. Flu season. The kids vacillate between a hacking cough, a ropey nose and a low-grade fever. Or all three if it’s between the hours of 9pm and 9am.
  5. Shopping. While dragging kids around with you. This. Is. Pure. Hell.
  6. Decorations. Can’t find any from last year. Forced to buy them again at full price, only to find them when you pack away this year’s decors.
  7. Baking. Failed attempts to re-create even the simplest recipes from Pinterest have resulted into two grease fires and one suspected case of salmonella.
  8. Daddy. His office is open during the holidays (suspect), leaving you to run Operation Stir Crazy Kids solo.
  9. Snow. A white Christmas is pretty in songs, but this last dump of the stuff threw your back out, along with the furnace.
  10. The Visa Bill. You’re seeing red and all out of green.

DRINK: Eggnog. Book a babysitter, brave the snow, hit a holiday party and enjoy a glass of festive cheer. By “festive cheer” this of course means “add rum”.

BUY: The ultimate stocking stuffer, Reasons Mommy Drinks. “I bought 8 copies for all the other reindeer!”-Rudolph

About these ads

6 Responses to “Ten reasons parents may need to spike their eggnog. Right now.”

1. The Pinterested Parent December 17, 2013 at 8:48 am #

Lol! That’s great. I love it.

• Reasons Mommy Drinks December 17, 2013 at 8:52 am #

I’ve already had three coffees and it’s not even 9am. Dreaming of eggnog o’clock!

• The Pinterested Parent December 17, 2013 at 8:53 am #

I have been drinking alot of it lately myself. Me & my husband call it dirty nog. Lol.Hang in there mom.

2. Mityn December 30, 2013 at 8:21 pm #

I didn’t even know I liked eggnog until I added rum…. now the whole carton is gone!

3. Astra January 14, 2014 at 2:49 pm #

OK. I just finished Reasons Mommy Drinks in one day. I LOVED IT. I read parts of it out loud to my husband (though he didn’t laugh near as loudly as I did). Even though I’m mom to three teenagers now (which gives me license to double the recipes, right?!) I could still relate! Definitely recommending this book to all moms!

4. Jill March 9, 2014 at 10:18 pm #

I just stumbled upon this post and hysterical! # 5 and #8 my life

We'd love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,834 other followers